Search This Blog

February 23, 2012

GPB BELGIAN PALE ALE

Our latest batch of Home Brew is a Belgian Pale Ale. Used a ABBY Ale yeast. Brewed on 02/18/2012. Very smooth brew session! Ran the grain through the mill twice for efficiency and did a single infusion mash. Ended up with a OG of 1.058. By Monday the foam was going CRAZY and blew through the fermentation lock all over the floor. My bad for not using a blow off tube for primary! Today 02/23/2012 I drained off the first batch of trub 1 day into secondary! I think i'll harvest this yeast for another batch. The Brix had dropped to 8.8 and the gravity already 1.020. Seems to have a great taste developing and it's a VERY active beer! I will post more on the caricature of this beer as it finishes up. Here is the recipe but I would wait and see what we end up with before you brew it. Tasting notes to come in about a month or so!

 


Thanks for reading our Blog! I know it's been a while since I have posted but it's been way too busy around here. Be sure and check back to see the updates on this brew! In the mean time Relax and have a Home Brew! Cheers!

4/13/2012 Tasting notes: It's Friday the 13th and I've had this Beer on tap for a week or so. I'm sorry to say this one did not come out good at all! In fact we are planning on Throwing it out! It fermented out nice, everything went well but it just didn't come out the way I had planned. Very long sweet aftertaste. I guess it's OK if you like sweet Beers but I'm ready to move on, LOL! I would not recommend brewing this recipe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment